A beautiful cream-coloured cardigan or sweater handmade in Peru for your big kid! It also fits an Adult Size XS if you would like to match with your little one! These Peruvian sweaters have a distinctive style, usually containing animal appliqués, weather & nature scenes, mountains, houses and cacti!
Historically, this type of 3-dimensional patchwork on clothing are rooted in the work of “arpilleristas,” women who sewed "arpilleras” (Spanish for burlap) as a form of political protest. The resulting tapestries were usually brightly-coloured patchwork art that depicted everyday life.
- Handmade Peruvian cardigan or sweater
- Crew neck
- Buttons down center front
- Appliqués include alpacas, chickens, flowers, cacti, houses, mountains, sun, and cloud with raindrops
- Made in Peru
- Measurements: 22.5” (Front Length) | 17.5” (Chest) | 9” & 18.5” (Neck to Shoulder & Sleeve Length) | 14” (Hem)
- Cream colour with earthy tones appliqués
- Feels like Acrylic or Acrylic/Wool blend
Tag Size: No tag available, but fits like Size 10-12y (or Adult XS)—see measurements above.
Condition: Like New!