A beautiful light pink-coloured sweater cardigan with hood & tassel in an Easter or Springtime theme, complete with carrots & bunny appliqués! Handmade in Peru for your little kid, these Peruvian sweaters have a distinctive style, usually containing animal appliqués, weather & nature scenes, mountains, houses and cacti!
Historically, this type of 3-dimensional patchwork on clothing are rooted in the work of “arpilleristas,” women who sewed "arpilleras” (Spanish for burlap) as a form of political protest. The resulting tapestries were usually brightly-coloured patchwork art that depicted everyday life.
- Handmade Peruvian sweater cardigan
- Attached hood with tassel
- Center zipper
- 2 front pockets
- Appliqués include alpaca, cat, bunny, birds, flowers, carrots, cactus, mountains, house, sun, and cloud with raindrops
- Made in Peru
- Measurements: 17” (Front Length) | 13” (Chest) | 7.5” & 13.5” (Neck to Shoulder & Sleeve Length) | 13” (Hem)
- Light pink colour with magenta, red & blue; mostly white appliqués with orange sun, blue bird & cloud & green cactus
- 100% Acrylic
Tag Size: 6 (fits small, more like Size 4-6y—see measurements above)
Condition: Like New!